Happy Halloween! Today is the day that little ghosts, goblins, pirates and princesses will be roaming our city street in search of candy. The Edmonton Police Service put out a list of Halloween safety tips for kids and parents. Please read these and make sure to implement them. There is nothing more important on Halloween than the safety of our children.
Tips for Children
- Trick or treat in groups or with parents/guardians
- Carry a flashlight and cell phone
- Have an emergency plan if something bad happens – know who you can talk to or approach if you have any problems or get lost
- Let your parents/guardians know where you will be and stay in areas that you know and are comfortable with.
- Ensure that you can see through a mask or makeup